Saturday, March 10, 2007

^6^ Some suggestions

Today is really a beautiful day, but not everybody feels happy with this beautiful day. When I was hang out with my friend, he did not seem very happy. He told me when he thought he needed to stay in language program, he would become very sad. From our conversation, he is in the ESL program which means he needs to spend over 2 years to study English; also, they were canceled their degree by language program. He is so confused, and it is very hard to make him believe that he needs to spend over 12 thousand dollars to pay for his language courses. My friends suggested him to apply another university, but he told me his goal is in the U of C. When I start writing this blog, I am thinking about the values for the language program. Are they real help students to learn English, or just make they drowing in the death water.

8 Comments:

Blogger Scott Douglas said...

Don't forget your friend always has the option of doing the TOEFL, the IELTS, the MELAB or any of a whole bunch of other English exams to get into the U of C, or any other university in Canada for that matter. If your friend's English is good enough, he won't need to take any language courses. He can bypass them with the TOEFL.

2:38 PM  
Blogger SabRina said...

Hi, Amy

How are u?!

yeah, actually I agree with Scott,

just tell your friend take TOEFL

course and join the TOEFL test!

12:49 PM  
Blogger SabRina said...

Sorry Just wrong name....

I'm sorry about that Nick....

12:50 PM  
Blogger Super Saiyan said...

I Feel sad for your friend. HOwever, I have a better sugestion: Whydon't he try to to get the TOEFL score. It costs 150 dollars each. He can save money by trying with TOEFL

12:51 PM  
Blogger June said...

yeah, same as Scott said, your friends have lots of choice to chieve his goal. it is said: on door closed, two doors opened.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Kevin.L said...

well...the only way is take TOEFL..unless u want spent your life in ESL&LEAP..

12:41 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Yes, I strongly agree with everybody, take TOEFL exam ealier is better than spend 2 years on Language School.

12:31 PM  
Blogger anna said...

I think that the problem your friend is truing to sort out is how to learn English in the shortest posiible time. And he is scared about these long two years. I recommend him just to start learning English and then he will understand how much time he needs to reach a proficiency in English.
Yulia

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home